How does it work? Here are step-be-step instructions:
- Go to Google Books and type the title of a book in the search box. If you can’t think of a title yourself, try “Collapse: how societies choose to fail or succeed.”
- When you click on “search books,” the first hit should be the book by Jared Diamond.
- Click on the title to see a full description of the book. Notice on the right-hand side of the screen are options to “buy this book” or “borrow this book.”
- Click on “find this book in a library.” The results will return with the closest geographical match at the top. In this case, RDC Library is at the top of the list.
- By clicking on Red Deer College Library, you will see the full catalogue record for this book in our library, where you can jot down the call number to find it on the shelf.
It may sound complicated, but it’s really pretty easy (and fun!). Try it out!
If you think that’s cool, wait until I tell you how to find our articles through Google Scholar! That’s coming next week…