We launched our Leisure Reading Collection in May, but that was just the beginning! Since then, we have continued to ask for and receive book suggestions from students, staff, and faculty.
But how do we decide which suggestions are added to the collection? Below is a peek into our vetting process which may give you insight into why some books made it to our shelve and why others didn’t.
First, most suggestions DO get added! Some recent additions include:
- Illuminae and Gemina by Amie Kaufman
- I put spell on you: the autobiography of Nina Simone by Nina Simone
- The illegal by Lawrence Hill
- The heart goes last by Margaret Atwood
- Gone girl by Gillian Flynn
- All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doerr
- Chinkstar by Jon Chan Simpson
- All the way: my life on ice by Jordin Tootoo
If we have more suggestions than our budget allows, those titles are given priority next time we place an order, which was the case for Sense and sensibility and sea monsters by Ben Winters and Alliance of equals by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller.